NAMI Kane-South, DeKalb and Kendall counties is accepting applications to fill vacancies on its volunteer board of directors.
NAMI KDK is seeking qualified candidates who are committed to the advancement of mental health issues, who reflect the rich diversity of the community, and who will bring professional financial instruction, technological expertise, school administration experience, and/or have a background in philanthropy and fundraising.
NAMI KDK is an area nonprofit supporting those living with a mental health condition, their families and communities. It is an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization, and it is dedicated to the eradication of the stigma of mental illness by improving the quality of life of all those striving for mental health wellness. The mission of NAMI KDK is to provide mental health support, education and advocacy for people, family members and communities.
The primary responsibilities of a board member include:
• Understand and commit to the organization’s mission, policies, programs and needs. See nami.org/About-NAMI/Policy-Platform;
• Evaluate the ongoing performance of the executive director;
• Take an active role in the strategic and organizational planning of the organization;
• Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management;
• Actively participate in fundraising and resource development;
• Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in monthly board meetings.
Visit namikdk.org/aboutus for more information and to complete an application.